The Queer Spirit Podcast
Yoga for the mind, body & community
with Tony Eason
Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
Hear more episodes
Yoga Teacher, Tony Eason has been teaching yoga for over 15 years & a student of yoga for well over twenty years. As an triathlete, Tony gets how the physical, physiological, and mental benefits of hatha yoga affect all aspects of one’s being. Through Hatha yoga classes, he teaches students to pay attention to the alignment of their bodies; to become aware of the breath; and to control the mind.
- We discuss the value of recognizing self defeating thoughts and working to quiet that part of the mind.
- Yoga is something you practice in your life, not just on the mat in the studio.
- The challenges and benefits of practicing yoga in public.
- “If you remove the sensations of the mind, you begin to see roses where there are roses, and thorns where there are thorns.”
- “Recapturing the past is only setting you up for failure.”
- Tony’s journey from struggling with addiction to becoming a yoga teacher free of addiction.
- The importance of challenging your mind and your body as you move through life as a source of excitement.
- The practice of cultivating community in his yoga classes and the way it motivates students to connect.
- How music supported him in his youth as he confronted racism and homophobia.
Tony’s web links
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.